What is financial planning?
Financial planning is about helping to structure and manage your finances to achieve your objectives. This includes the efficient use of existing resources, ensuring tax efficiency, delivering the level of access and control you require and perhaps also considering how your accumulated wealth can be passed on to the next generation.
Ideally, planning should be undertaken in the context of your total finances i.e. holistically and this is the requirement for a great many of our clients. Understandably some clients wish us to advise them in more limited areas.
Regardless of the scope of our advice, our financial planning is all about you, your aspirations and your circumstances. In other words, it's highly personal and so is our service.
The Financial Planning Process involves developing strategies to help you manage your financial affairs so you can build & preserve wealth, achieve financial security and most importantly enjoy your life.
As part of our comprehensive service we typically look at:
- Investment Planning and Portfolio Management
- Retirement Option Strategies - Pension Planning & reviews
- Planning for later life including Long Term Care, Equity Release*, Wills** & Lasting Power of Attorney
- Tax optimisation and reducing your tax liabilities
- Estate Planning*** and minimising the impact of inheritance tax and ensuring your assets are distributed in accordance with your wishes
- Analysing, restructuring and simplifying investment portfolios
- Ensuring you are on track to achieve the life you ‘want' by analysing in detail where you are now with where you want to be
*This is an equity release plan. To understand the features and risks, ask for a personalised illustration.
**Will Writing is not regulated by the FCA.
***Estate Planning is not regulated by the FCA.